Boca Raton Negligent Security Attorneys
One of the most fundamental legal areas within Florida Premises Liability Law addresses negligent, inadequate or non-existent security at business, commercial, government and certain residential properties. Owners and managers of such properties are legally obligated to provide a reasonable level of security to patrons, residents, employees, customers, guests and visitors, based upon the principle of “Duty of Care”.
Failure of the owner to provide adequate security constitutes a breach of that Duty of Care and can be grounds for legal action if individuals fall victim to physical or sexual assault, homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, robbery, theft or another violent criminal act while on the owner’s property.
It can also be considered a breach of Duty of Care if security is incompetent, negligent or fails completely in the event of an emergency on the premises, such as a fire.
There are many public and private establishments where we may reasonably expect a level of owner-provided security allowing us to safely go about our business or participate in the activities available on that premises.
Among these are hotels, motels & lodging businesses, banks & other financial institutions, government buildings & properties, schools, hospitals, gas stations, shopping centers, retail stores, grocery & convenience stores, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theaters, theme parks, country clubs, sports arenas and other entertainment venues, even certain residential apartment buildings.
If You or a Loved One Has Suffered Injury Due to a Negligent Security Situation, Our Boca Premises Liability Attorneys Can Pursue Justice and Financial Compensation for Those Injuries, Damages & Losses
Negligent Security cases can arise from many circumstances which precipitate criminal assaults, injury or even death, such as:
- Incompetent, Negligent or Inadequately Trained Security Staff.
- Insufficient Security Staff & Equipment for the size of the crowd or the venue itself.
- Insufficient or non-existent background investigations of security staff and other employees which would have otherwise revealed their individual criminal history and thus prevented the commission of new crimes against tenants, guests, visitors, customers or even other employees.
- Inadequate or non-existent locks on doors & windows, failure to sufficiently secure property entrances, exits or perimeter.
- Non-functioning, unmonitored or complete lack of security cameras, alarms and other surveillance & security equipment on the premises.
- Incorrect, incompetent, or failed response to emergencies on the premises, including fire, explosion, stampede, flood, structural collapse or failure, or violent criminal activity.
Our premises liability and negligent security attorneys offer more than 40 combined years of skilled, compassionate legal experience which we will apply to your specific case, making every effort to deliver the justice and compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured or lost their life because of a negligent security situation, we will pursue all avenues to hold liable parties legally and financially accountable.
We can be reached by calling 561-609-3190 or by submitting our online contact form, and we have offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens and Stuart, FL to serve our clients throughout South Florida.
The Boca Raton Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys at Boca Injury Law welcome clients in Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Pompano Beach, Boynton Beach, Wellington, Lake Worth Beach, Highland Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Lighthouse Point and throughout Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County & South Florida.