Our Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Tenaciously Pursue Maximum Compensation for Clients Suffering Catastrophic Injury & Loss
Florida led the nation in pedestrian accident deaths in 2020, as it has for each of the last 10 years. Florida & four other states accounted for nearly half of all US pedestrian accident fatalities in 2019, according to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA).
368 Floridians lost their lives in pedestrian accidents in the period January-June, 2019 alone.
Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable to catastrophic or even fatal injuries in such accidents, as they have no physical protections surrounding them while they are out walking, jogging, crossing roads or even making their way across busy parking lots.
The larger the motor vehicle involved in a pedestrian accident, the higher the probability the pedestrian will sustain devastating injury or lose their life.
Trucks, vans, buses and SUVs cause the most catastrophic injuries when colliding with pedestrians. Those struck by an SUV are twice as likely to die as those hit by an ordinary passenger car.
Pedestrian Accidents are Often Caused by Reckless Driver Behavior. Our Boca Raton Accident Lawyers Can Help Those Injured Hold the Negligent to Account.
Among the major reasons cited for pedestrian accidents, injuries & fatalities:
- Alcohol or drug impairment, which accounted for nearly half of all pedestrian fatalities in 2018 alone.
- Danger-prone road conditions, such as long distances between intersections and very wide roadways in places where pedestrians need to cross.
- Unsafe driving behaviors, such as speeding, drowsy or distracted driving.
- Drivers disregarding traffic regulations, such as running red lights, yield and stop signs or making unsafe or unlawful turns.
- Drivers swerving to avoid an accident with another motor vehicle or to avoid hitting objects, animals or debris in the road.
- Increasingly, pedestrian accidents are occurring at night, due to both vehicles and pedestrians being less visible, indicating a need to provide better-marked road crossings, improved street lighting and other safety measures.
Pedestrian Accident Victims are Likely to Suffer Grievous Injuries. Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help Our Clients Recover Compensation from Those Responsible
Injuries frequently suffered by pedestrians in accidents with motor vehicles:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Head & Facial Injury, including disfigurement, scarring, loss of sight and/or hearing
- Spinal Injuries including spinal cord damage and broken vertebrae, leading to permanent paralysis
- Multiple Broken Bones
- Internal Bleeding and/or Organ Damage
- Immediate Limb Loss or Medical Amputation
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a pedestrian accident, you want to work with compassionate & experienced personal injury attorneys who will aggressively pursue the maximum compensation for your case. Our firm offers more than 40 years combined accident attorney experience and we will pursue the justice you and your family deserve.
You can contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation by calling 561-609-3190, or by filling out our online contact form. Even though we handle cases throughout Florida and have handled cases in other parts of the United States, we maintain offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens and Stuart, FL to assist our clients in a location most convenient for them.