Our Boca Raton Wrongful Death Attorneys Demand Justice for the Deceased and the Bereaved
The loss of a loved one is devastating under any circumstances. Losing them to an avoidable accident or event due to the negligent actions of others only compounds the pain their bereaved families experience.
At Boca Injury Law, we strongly believe in supporting families who have suffered a wrongful death loss and making all possible efforts to hold negligent parties legally and financially responsible for their actions.
Florida’s Wrongful Death Act addresses circumstances which constitute grounds for a wrongful death action, specifying causes involving the negligence, carelessness, recklessness, or even deliberate intention of others that cause loss of life.
The parties responsible for a wrongful death may be individuals, corporations, companies or businesses, government agencies, hospitals, surgery centers & medical facilities, nursing homes & assisted living facilities (ALFs), among others.
The Sudden Loss of a Loved One Due to the Negligence of Others is Extremely Traumatic. Our Boca Raton Wrongful Death Lawyers Offer Compassionate Counsel in Your Pursuit of Justice.
Some of the accidents and events that can form the basis of Florida wrongful death claims:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents involving cars, motorcycles, buses, minivans, SUVs, pickup trucks, flatbed trucks and 18-wheelers, taxis, limousines & shared ride services such as Lyft and Uber, scooters, dirt-bikes, or ATVs.
- Deaths caused by drunk or intoxicated drivers (DUI), vehicular homicide, drowsy or distracted drivers, and hit and run accidents.
- Pedestrian, Bicycle, Boating, Train, Airplane, Helicopter & Aviation Accident Fatalities.
- Deaths Resulting from Medical Malpractice, including incompetent or negligent medical treatment, misdiagnosis or failure to correctly diagnose an illness, surgical error, anesthesia or medication errors, fatal childbirth injuries, and deaths by infection due to medical negligence or incompetence.
- Premises Liability, including deaths resulting from Negligent Security, Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents, poor property maintenance, signage or lighting.
- Workplace & Construction Site Accidents involving fatal injuries caused by equipment or machinery, motor vehicles and power tools, falls from high elevations, structure or building collapse, crushing accidents, electrocution, burns, or exposure to toxic substances.
- Deaths Caused by Consumer or Medical Products, including dangerous medications or medical devices, faulty motor vehicles, equipment or parts, and other defective products meant for consumer use, such as toys & childcare products, home furnishings & appliances and pharmaceutical products.
- Fatalities Resulting from Violent Crimes.
Filing Florida Wrongful Death Claims and Pursuing Monetary Damages
Florida wrongful death claims must be filed by the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate and there is generally a two-year statute of limitations to initiate that filing, starting from the date of death. Therefore, it is crucial you retain highly qualified legal counsel as soon as possible.
The wrongful death lawsuit seeks compensation for survivors in the form of monetary damages, based upon proving the deceased suffered a preventable death caused by the actions of the negligent party or parties.
Financial compensation awarded in cases of wrongful death may include those for:
- Medical, funeral & burial expenses
- Grief Counseling and Therapies
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and financial support of the deceased
- Loss of future earnings of the deceased
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish
Our attorneys realize that this is an extremely difficult time for those who have sustained such a tragic personal loss, and our compassionate, supportive approach aims to vigorously pursue your case while providing you and your family peace of mind and time to heal.
While no amount of financial award can replace your lost loved one, it can be of great help in maintaining family financial stability and relieving financial worry, both now and in the future.
You can contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation by calling 561-609-3190, or by filling out our online contact form. Even though we handle cases throughout Florida and have handled cases in other parts of the United States, we maintain offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens and Stuart, FL to assist our clients in a location most convenient for them.