Boca Raton Side Impact Car Accident Attorneys Demand Maximum Accountability and Compensation from Responsible Parties
In 2020, nearly 3,400 Floridians were killed in fatal car accidents, with thousands more injured. Many of these accidents are caused by side impact, or T-bone crashes. Side impact car accidents, given their frequency, result in a high number of serious injuries and many of the fatalities that take place on Florida’s roads each year.
Should you or a loved one be injured in this type of car crash, understand that you have legal rights as a victim to demand accountability from the negligent party. Among those rights is the ability to pursue compensation for vehicle repair, lost salaries, medical costs, physical rehabilitation, wrongful death and other loss and damage to both persons and property.
At Boca Injury Law, our skilled attorneys will thoroughly investigate all the details surrounding your accident and provide the zealous representation you need to get the compensation you deserve.
Our Boca Raton side impact car accident lawyers offer their clients years of experience representing victims of such car crashes. These types of collisions have numerous causes, including:
- Failure to Yield Right of Way: Driving actions, such as making a right on red, a U-turn or not yielding when required at a 4-way stop, can set the stage for a side impact collision.
- Failure to Use Turn Signals: Not using blinkers when turning can cause enough momentary confusion to lead to an accident.
- Texting While Driving & Distracted Driving in General: Every day we all see drivers who are texting or talking on their cell phones, adjusting their AC, radio or other devices, or who are otherwise distracted. Those distractions can cause split second delays in driver response times and lead to a serious T-bone collision.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Alcohol or drug intoxication is involved in one-third of all US crashes & killed 814 Floridians in 2018 alone. Impaired driving causes loss of decision-making skill, vision, cognitive function and response time, any of which can lead to a deadly car accident.
Side Impact Car Accident Victims Often Suffer Serious Injuries. Our Firm Can Help.
The injuries resulting from side impact car collisions can be severe, as there are often limited protections offered by the car door barriers between passengers and the points of impact. At Boca Injury Law, we aggressively represent the injured and deceased who have experienced any of the following:
- Loss of Limb(s), Broken Bones/Fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Injuries, including Paralysis, Disc Bulges and Herniations
- Partial or Complete Loss of Sight, Hearing or Physical Mobility
- Head, Neck & Facial Injuries
- Internal Organ Damage, caused by severe seatbelt compression or the body striking the dashboard.
We will fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled to, including, the following that are recoverable under Florida law:
- Medical Expenses, such as immediate life-saving care, on-going hospitalization, surgeries, physical and mental therapy, medications, medical devices and at-home, rehabilitation center or nursing home-based care, among other medical costs. The recovery and award can include past and future medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Under Florida Personal Injury law, victims may receive compensation from a court judgment or negotiated settlement to allow for the pain and suffering caused by the accident. The recovery and award can include past and future pain and suffering.
- Lost Income and Loss of Future Earning Capacity: The injuries sustained in your accident may keep you from working for an extended period or even permanently. You can be compensated for those lost wages and other work-related income. The recovery and award can include past and future loss of wages.
- Punitive Damages. In certain cases where the wrongdoer engaged in egregious, fraudulent, intentional misconduct or gross negligence, which is defined by Florida Statutes, one can pursue punitive damages to deter future wrongdoing and punish the wrongdoer. If the case warrants it, a jury can award punitive damages if, based on clear and convincing evidence, the jury finds that the defendant was personally guilty of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
Contact our Boca Raton Car Accident Law Firm Today & Start the Process Toward Justice and Compensation
Accident and injury cases can be complex, and you need experienced legal counsel at your side to confront the legal process and opposing insurance company. Our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys work closely and compassionately with our clients to advise them of their lawful rights and options. We diligently manage the legal process of your case so you can concentrate on recovery, your family and your life.
You can contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation by calling 561-609-3190, or by filling out our online contact form. Even though we handle cases throughout Florida and have handled cases in other parts of the United States, we maintain offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens and Stuart, FL to assist our clients in a location most convenient for them.