Boca Raton Slip and Fall Attorneys Dedicated to Helping Injured Clients Obtain Maximum Compensation from Negligent Property Owners
Premises liability under Florida law addresses the responsibility of homeowners, business owners and managers, property owners and their tenants, to maintain their residential and commercial properties in a manner that is reasonably safe and free from hazards. This legal principle is referred to as “Duty of Care”.
Slip and fall accidents are among the most common causes of personal injury in situations where owners have been negligent, delinquent, careless or even reckless in their failure to maintain the properties and premises under their control.
These types of serious accidents can and do happen almost anywhere: private homes, workplaces, shopping malls & retail stores, supermarkets, hotels & motels, gyms, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theaters, amusement parks, sport stadiums and other entertainment venues, hospitals, healthcare facilities & nursing homes, and government buildings and properties.
Among the most common property areas where slip, trip and fall accidents occur are sidewalks, parking lots, stairs, aisles, escalators, elevators, pools and other wet areas.
Inadequate lighting, lack of warning signage, cracked or uneven sidewalks, wet or slippery floors and failure to adhere to established safety measures and regulations are often the immediate causes of slip and fall accidents. Such falls often cause serious injury since they tend to happen so suddenly that the victim has no time for a self-protective physical response.
If You Were Hurt in a Fall on Someone’s Residential or Commercial Property, Our Boca Raton Slip and Fall Lawyers Can Help You Recover Compensation for Your Injuries & Losses
Statistics surrounding slip and fall accidents are staggering:
- They account for one million US hospital emergency room visits annually.
- According to a 2019 report by the National Safety Council (NSC), 880 people died because of falls at work and 244,000 were injured badly enough to require taking significant time off their jobs. Workplace falls are among the most common causes of injury and fatality in construction site accidents.
- While slip and fall accidents are understandably most serious for older people, they are the number one cause of non-fatal injury for every age bracket except those aged 10-24. For that group, they are the second highest cause.
Common Injuries Sustained in Slip and Fall Accidents
- Falls are the most common cause of Brain Injury and account for 95% of Hip Fractures.
- Broken Ribs and Collar Bones
- Head, Facial and Dental Injuries
- Damage to Eyes or Ears, resulting in Loss of Sight or Hearing
- Multiple Shoulder, Wrist, Arm, Hand, Knee, Foot and Leg injuries
- Temporary or Permanent Loss of Mobility
Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents May be Able to Recover Financial Award For:
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Past & Future Surgical Procedures and Hospitalization
- Physical Therapy, In-Home and Rehabilitation Center Care
- Required Medical Devices & Equipment
- Lost Past & Future Earnings
- Pain, Suffering & Mental Anguish
- Wrongful Death
Our knowledgeable Boca Raton premises liability attorneys offer decades of combined legal experience, successfully representing many clients in slip, trip and fall accidents over the years.
We will vigorously pursue justice and compensation in your case by thoroughly investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident, gathering & preserving physical evidence, hospital, medical and police reports, witness testimony and any available surveillance film, photographic & audio recordings, to formulate a strong legal case for trial litigation or mutually agreeable case & financial settlement.
You can contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation by calling 561-609-3190, or by filling out our online contact form. Even though we handle cases throughout Florida and have handled cases in other parts of the United States, we maintain offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach Gardens, FL to assist our clients in a location most convenient for them.