Boca Raton Bicycle Accident Lawyers
The State of Florida leads the country in the number of bicycle fatalities, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
In 2018, 857 cyclists were fatally injured and 125, or 15%, of those were in Florida alone. In the past 10 years, bicycle accidents on America’s roads have increased by 37%, while injuries have increased by 40%.
As in the case of pedestrian accidents, bicyclists are especially vulnerable to injury and fatality in crashes with motor vehicles, given the lack of physical protections bicycles provide their riders and the tremendous difference in size, weight and speed between bikes and cars, trucks, vans, buses and SUVs.
Bicycle Accidents Can Result in Catastrophic Injury and Death. Our Boca Accident Attorneys Help Clients Pursue the Justice and Compensation They Deserve
Vehicle-to-Bicycle collisions are caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Aggressive Driving, such as speeding, ignoring road signs or signals, or making illegal or unsafe turns.
- Intoxicated Driving. Nearly 40% of bicycle accidents involve impaired drivers.
- Negligent and Careless Driving, such as motor vehicles not checking blind spots when turning or changing lanes, opening car doors onto the road after parking and rear-ending stopped bicyclists at intersections can all lead to devastating crashes.
- Distracted Driving. Texting or talking on a cell phone while driving increases the chances a driver will fail to see a bicyclist in the road and collide with them as a result.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Suffered in Bicycle Accidents?
As noted, cyclists are particularly prone to severe injury in accidents with motor vehicles. Some of the most serious injuries include:
- Traumatic Head & Brain Injuries, including concussion, skull fracture, and brain hemorrhage. Brain damage can lead to permanent physical and mental disabilities, requiring lifelong medical care.
- Facial Injuries: fractures to facial bones, dental damage, loss of sight and/or hearing, scarring and disfigurement.
- Leg and Arm Injuries, such as torn or damaged tendons and ligaments, multiple broken bones and limb loss or medical amputation.
- Back and Neck Injuries, including spinal damage and broken vertebrae that can result in reduced mobility or even permanent paralysis.
- Internal Bleeding and Injuries to Internal Organs.
Our highly qualified accident and injury attorneys work tirelessly to help our clients recover monetary damages for expenses and losses related to:
- Medical and Surgical Care
- Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, In-Home Care and Necessary Equipment or Devices
- Lost Income such as wages and salaries, including loss of future earning potential
- Pain and Suffering
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Permanent Disability
- Wrongful Death
Our experienced trial attorneys at Boca Injury law are dedicated to holding negligent and reckless drivers accountable for the bicycle accidents they cause, and we will employ all possible legal measures to achieve justice and recover the maximum compensation for our injured clients.
You can contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation by calling 561-609-3190, or by filling out our online contact form. Even though we handle cases throughout Florida and have handled cases in other parts of the United States, we maintain offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens and Stuart, FL to assist our clients in a location most convenient for them.
The Boca Raton Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys at Boca Injury Law serve clients in Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Pompano Beach, Boynton Beach, Wellington, Lake Worth Beach, Highland Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Lighthouse Point and throughout Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County & South Florida.